*PIT : Powered Industrial Trucks or “PIT” are an important element of many roles within an Amazon non-sort facility. PIT equipment includes walkies, reach trucks, stand-ups, clamp trucks, and order pickers, some of which you will reach a height of around 45 feet. Even if you already have PIT experience, all PIT operators will complete Amazon PIT training, regardless of prior experience or training.
Continue reading, you’re on your way to your new adventure with Amazon.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment center:
• Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes…following the rules.
• Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
• Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
• Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
• Cool with casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday every day.
• Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
• Temperature in the fulfillment center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
Let’s sweeten the deal…
• Weekly pay schedule
• Holiday overtime pay
• Basic Life, AD&D insurance
• On-the-job training and skill development
• Employee Assistance Program
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
• You’ve thrown your cap in the air – you have a High School diploma or equivalent
• Blow out the candles – you are at least 18 years old
• Flex, not just your muscles – you are willing and able to work all shifts
• Overtime isn’t just a sports term – you are willing and able to work overtime as required, bringing smiles to our customers doesn’t take time off
• Let’s get physical – you must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
• Step it up – you’re able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
• You must be able to read and take direction in English.
• You must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines).
• You must be willing and able to work on powered equipment, for example a forklift or cherry picker.
*PIT : Powered Industrial Trucks or “PIT” are an important element of many roles within an Amazon non-sort facility. PIT equipment includes walkies, reach trucks, stand-ups, clamp trucks, and order pickers, some of which you will reach a height of around 45 feet. Even if you already have PIT experience, all PIT operators will complete Amazon PIT training, regardless of prior experience or training.Hourly Pay Rate: $11.75
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation