At Amazon, our motto is “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.” This position offers an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges and to create unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. We’re looking for creative leaders with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and a passion to create world class customer experiences that will change the face of commerce.
The Part-Time Central Dispatch Associate coordinates the transportation of customer orders between Amazon Fulfillment Centers and third party locations to customers, ensuring timely flow out of facilities and helping meet customer order times.Key Job Elements:
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of orders using a suite of internet-based and MS Excel tools.
- Interpret information from different sources to determine daily and intra-day customer order and Amazon Flex capacity requirements, then adjust as necessary and execute accordingly.
- Communicate with Last Mile Transportation Operation Center (LMTOC) agents and Amazon Flex delivery partners ensuring on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with Amazon Fulfillment Center teams to ensure orders depart on time with zero defects.
- Use tools provided to make informed decisions that solve for planned and unplanned events (traffic, weather, sporting, community) leading to anomalies outside normal dispatch operations.
- Escalate process defects to members of leadership in real time, and provide detailed reporting when asked.
- Partner with members of leadership to achieve daily and weekly cost and delivery metrics goals.