Seasonal Fulfillment Associate
Job ID: 170009201
Continue reading, you’re on your way to your new adventure with Amazon.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment center:
• Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes…following the rules.
• Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
• Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
• Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
• Cool with casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday every day.
• Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
• Temperature in the fulfillment center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
• You’ve got mail. Receive products using frequency scanners and unload shipments from trucks.
• Cozy kicks. You’ll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
• Hands-on experience. You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
• On the move. You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
• Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment; special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
Hourly Pay Rate: $10.50
Let’s sweeten the deal…
• Weekly pay schedule
• Holiday overtime pay
• Basic Life, AD&D insurance
• On-the-job training and skill development
• Employee Assistance Program
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
• You’ve thrown your cap in the air – you have a High School diploma or equivalent
• Blow out the candles – you are at least 18 years old
• Flex, not just your muscles – you are willing and able to work all shifts
• Overtime isn’t just a sports term – you are willing and able to work overtime as required, bringing smiles to our customers doesn’t take time off
• Let’s get physical – you must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
• Step it up – you’re able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
• You must be able to read and take direction in English.
• You must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines).
• You must be willing and able to work on powered equipment, for example a forklift or cherry picker.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation