Amazon is pioneering new products, services, and technologies within its expansive transportation network. It is building a system and capability to ensure that its carriers are successful and its customers’ packages are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels.
· Correspond with multiple shipping companies and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of shipping systems, requirements, rules and obligations to support yard organization and minimize delays.
· Conduct daily coordination with sort center operations departments, transportation peers and carriers to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects.
· Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the trailer yard through meticulous attention to detail and daily yard audits.
· Consolidate data from multiple sources to support daily workflow and business needs.
· Operate spotter truck, moving trailers between trailer yard and dock doors and logging all trailer moves to maintain accurate yard inventory.
· Support production by following all safety measures and policies and demonstrating safe behavior.
All role types will include:
Performing production duties as needed: pick/pack orders, receive/stow product, ensure inventory accuracy, and unload/load trucks at or above the rate expectation for each task. Assisting in keeping work area clean and organized.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon warehouse:
Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes…following the rules.
Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
Cool with casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday every day.
Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
Temperature in our warehouses may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Hourly Pay Rate: $14.95
Health care benefits, starting day 1
401(k) with company match
Holiday and overtime pay
Paid time off
Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
Variable Compensation Pay (VCP): Lead Fulfillment Associates may be eligible for Variable Pay, a bonus based upon personal and site performance criteria.
You’ve thrown your cap in the air – you have a High School diploma or equivalent
Blow out the candles – you are at least 18 years old
Flex, not just your muscles – you are willing and able to work all shifts
Overtime isn’t just a sports term – you are willing and able to work overtime as required, bringing smiles to our customers doesn’t take time off
Let’s get physical – you must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
Step it up – you’re able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
You must be able to read and take direction in English.
You must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines).
You must be willing and able to work on powered equipment, for example a forklift or cherry picker.
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation