In order to be considered for this position you MUST be fluent in Japanese and English and live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Is it time for a positive change? Well, if you're ready for a new career challenge, you're right on time! Your mission will be to provide outstanding customer and technical support for Amazon.com customers in regards to Digital, Devices, and other technical products via phone, chat, and email. This fun and fast-paced position requires an action-oriented, technically competent, and flexible problem-solver with excellent communication skills.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Come join our teams!
This position mainly supports day time shifts but subject to change based on business needs.
What is a Flex position in Virtual Customer Service?
Our Virtual Customer Service is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. As a permanent Amazon Customer Service Part Time Flex (PT) employee you will work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of our business and customers. Work schedules will be selected through shift bids which take into consideration business need and your performance. The average amount of hours scheduled per associate will be 20-29 hours per week, with expectations to work additional hours during Peak Seasons. Available shifts will include morning, afternoon and evenings, typically including one or both weekend days. Schedules will change throughout the duration of your employment. There may be mandatory instances of additional scheduled work time, based on business needs or large scale events. Being available to work a flexible schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected.
Associates utilize Amazon-provided laptops and headsets to manage their work, including scheduling shifts and taking customer contacts. Associates are measured on schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance. Associates are required to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, as daily work is managed via phone, email, and/or chat.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays: $10.00 + $1.50 language premium per hour during training. Upon successful completion of training, and except as otherwise required by law, the pay will increase to $13.50 ($10.00 +1.50 + $2.00 PT Flex) per hour at the beginning of the next payroll period, payable in accordance with the Company's standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes. Amazon will provide dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and development.
• Provide account and application support to digital and device customers over the phone, chat, and email, specially troubleshooting.
• Provide prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Amazon.ca customers.
• Act as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
• Assume responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features.
• Ensure internal reference pages are updated.
• Ensure interactive website features are operational and surface all problematic issues for immediate correction.
• Actively seek solutions to customer needs and identify trends to appropriate personnel, including possible solutions or suggestions
• Ability to support a flexible working schedule every three weeks to meet business needs.
• You must provide a home work area that is free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
• You agree that you will not provide child or adult care during hours of scheduled work.
• Your address must be in one of the states we are currently hiring. Any applicants with home addresses outside of hiring states will not be considered.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Japanese and English language proficiency required.
• Strong typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
• Ability to navigate the internet, multiple browsers, email, and instant messenger/chat tools.
• Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
• 1+ years in a service environment dealing with customers.
• Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring).
• Capability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person (requiring you to drive to a location Amazon provides you in the pre-hire process).
• Customer Focus- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
• Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
• Uphold company values and respect every customer.
• Exude patience and ownership with each customer.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers.
• Desire to continually learn.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency.
• Technical Requirements
• A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only).
• Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
• You are encouraged to use an external monitor (with appropriate cables), wired USB keyboard, and wired USB mouse, but they are not required or provided.
• You will be shipped an Amazon owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.
• When applying, please be sure to verify that your mailing address in our system is an address where you can receive equipment to ensure that there are not delays in receiving your equipment. Make sure you add the apartment number (if any). PO Boxes are not supported and we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.