“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs. We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About the Customer Service Team
Our Amazon Contact Centers work towards a single goal: to deliver the best possible support experience to our customers. To do that, our CS Operations teams are empowered and expected to think like owners. We solve problems the first time so that customers have an effortless experience every time. Building on Amazon’s global mission of being the ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’, the Customer Service team started operations in August 2005 and has grown steadily in size and scope since then. We provide 24/7 support to customers across North America, UK, India, Australia and Canada. Our Team members are empowered to think like owners and resolve customer problems via phone, email or live chat. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and make an impact to millions of customers across the globe. Our relentless focus on process improvements has helped us continuously evolve and expand our focus into new business domains.
Amazon is seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented applicants with a desire to contribute to world class customer service. Amazon Customer Service Associates are a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in resolving any and all customer facing problems, especially over this high volume time of year. Associates may communicate with customers via phone, email and chat. Associates will utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast paced environment.
This is a seasonal (fixed term contract) position with an end date of 10 January 2019. Should your performance be favourable and should there be a business need, you might be eligible for a conversion to a permanent role.
Type of Role: Full Time (40 hours per week), rotational shifted environment. We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets, most of our shifts are overnight and depending on your shift you might be required to work over weekends and public holidays. Shifts are either 4 days, 10 hours per shift or 5 days, 8 hours per shift.
Amazonians have the following skills:
• Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
• Uphold company values and respect every customer
• Exude patience and ownership with each customer
• Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers
• Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external customers and coworkers
• Ability to document customer account activities thoroughly and concisely
• Comprehension skills-- ability to clearly understand and respond appropriately to the issues that customers present
• Composition skills-- ability to consistently compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response to customer issues
Problem Solving Skills
• Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome
• Ability to make appropriate decisions on behalf of the customer quickly and effectively
• Desire to continually learn
• Solution oriented and self-motivated
• Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency
• Familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and window navigation and instant messenger tools
• Fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Outlook
This position is a seasonal role spanning a three month period (subject to change).
All applications will be subject to assessments and or may include an interview.
All offers are subject to completion of a successful background, police clearance and reference checks.
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.