The Fulfilment Centre (FC) Associate must have drive, ambition and a passion for ensuring that customers receive a first-class Amazon experience.
This vacancy is for a Seasonal Fixed Term Contract position (FTC), with potential extension and permanent role offer.
Find out more about what it’s like to be an Amazon Fulfilment Associate and the processes within our European Fulfilment Centres: https://youtu.be/itfTPs52nEM
Tasks and Responsibilities
As an FC Associate you may be asked to work in various areas of the building, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound. Tasks may include:
• Efficiently and effectively receiving & storing goods inwards following Amazon's internal processes and procedures and using radio frequency (RF) scanners
• Pick our customer orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity
• Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customers' high expectations
• Accurately pick products to ensure we meet customers’ high expectations, potentially on a multi-level mezzanine
• Accurately read instructions from a scanner
• Be able to accommodate 10 hours long fixed shift patterns: 4 days-in and 3 days-off, some of them including weekends
• Consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department
• Adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
• Any offer of employment will be conditional upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check initiated at the hiring event
The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
• Standing and/or walking during the duration of a shift (standard full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Lifting and moving products up to 15.5 kg in weight
• Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching during the duration of a shift
• Pushing and pulling product up to 15.5 kg in weight during the duration of a shift
• Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
• Working on a secure raised platform at a height of up to 1 metre
• Regularly climbing and descending flights of stairs safely
Why work at Amazon?
• Competitive base pay rates, the potential to earn an overtime rate of between £15.75 and £22.96 per hour
• Fixed shift patterns 4 days-in and 3 days-off, including weekends
• Full training (provided on site)
• Ongoing support from our Learning and Management teams
• A great opportunity to be promoted to a next, leadership role in a short period
• Regular apprenticeship programs
• Amazon employee benefit schemes
• Two 30 min long breaks with free cold and hot drinks and subsidised canteen
• Free staff car park on site or subsidized public transport available
What's on Offer?
Day Shifts up to 40 h = £10.50 per hour
Night Shifts up to 40h = £10.50 per hour plus £1.96 night shift allowance
1-10 h of overtime – 1.5x rate coefficient paid
11-20 h of overtime – 2x rate coefficient paid
07:30-18:00 or 08:00-18:30
18:30-5:00 or 19:00-05:30
You can start your online application by clicking ‘I Agree’ below now.