Virtual Customer Service (VCS) is a 'Work from Home' model for South Africa. VCS associates is expected to work from a home location approved by Amazon for all scheduled hours. It is the responsibility of the associates to ensure uninterrupted internet connectivity and a 'work-like' environment at home location so that associates can deliver their best in terms of productivity and quality.
The position is not based at our offices and requires you to work from home on a full time basis (40 hours per week) in a noise free environment.
Type of Role:
Additional Required Skills:
• Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
• Uphold company values and respect every customer
• Exude patience and ownership with each customer
• Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers
• Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external customers and coworkers
• Ability to document customer account activities thoroughly and concisely
• Comprehension skills-- ability to clearly understand and respond appropriately to the issues that customers present
• Composition skills-- ability to consistently compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response to customer issues
Problem Solving Skills
• Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome
• Ability to make appropriate decisions on behalf of the customer quickly and effectively
• Desire to continually learn
• Solution oriented and self-motivated
• Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency
• Familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and window navigation
If you are considering applying, we recommend reading Amazon leadership Principles to have an understanding of what drives us as a business. www.amazon.jobs/principles!
All applications will be subject to assessments and interviews.All offers are subject to completion of a successful background, police clearance and reference checks
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.