PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The focus of the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
· Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out.
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
· React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
· Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
· Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
· Support and learn from Senior Reliability Engineering Technicians.
· Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
· Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
· Experience fault finding within MHE/Automation systems.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Basic workshop skills.
· Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters.
· Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
· Experience of contractor management.
· Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
· Experience of high voltage switching.
· Experience of sortation machines.
· Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners.
· Experience of print and apply machines.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.